Widford Village Hall was built in 1911 and its construction is typical of that time, being timber-framed with corrugated metal cladding. The main hall was refurbished in 2018 and is set in a small parcel of land off Widford Road. It is readily accessible, being a short distance from the A414, A12 and Chelmsford City Centre.
Hire of the Hall includes the following:
- The main hall, which is light and spacious, measures approx 7.5 m x15m. Seating is available for up to 50 people, with 15 large and 5 small tables. It has wooden flooring and there are handrails along two walls of the hall, which may be useful for certain exercise classes.
- Entrance lobby to the main hall where ladies, gents and disabled toilets are located.
- Electric heating in all areas (included).
- The kitchen equipment includes an electric oven and hob, a refrigerator and mugs but no cooking utensils or cooking equipment.
- The trustees do not pay fees to the Performing Rights Society, so hirers will need to arrange a licence to play music or to show films.
- Limited car parking is available to hirers.
- The Hall is available between 8.00am and 10.30pm.